The United States (US) is one of the worlds most popular destination countries, and for reasons beyond just New York, Las Vegas, Los Angeles etc! Whatever your reasons are visiting America, you’ll need to ensure you’ve got the proper entry clearance.

There are many types of visas that allow you to go to the USA for tourism, business purposes, visiting relatives or friends, studying, working and other purposes. Non-US residents need a valid visa or an entry permit to travel/transit to the US. Travellers from Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries can apply online for an entry permit or visa waiver to travel to the United States for stays of up to 90 days, for a period of up to two years. Countries that are included in the US Visa Waiver Program are Australia, Austria, Andorra, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Malta, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.

Immigrant and Non-Immigrant US Visas

If you plan to visit the US as a tourist, business, student or specialty worker, then a non-immigrant us visa would be a relevant
travel document which would permit you to travel to the United States for the duration of the visa for the purposes of visiting family and friends, sight-seeing, studying or working in a specialist job.

Those traveling temporarily to America are usually classified as non-immigrants. Such persons are required to obtain a non-immigrant visa before entering the US.

People who enter into the United States to establish permanent residency, for work or living purposes, are most typically classified as “immigrants” and are thus required to obtain an immigrant visa for indefinite leave to remain in the US.

US Visitor Visas

Those wishing to travel to the US for tourism or business, may obtain a Visitor Visa. These are non-immigrant visas issued for reasons such as tourism / vacation, business or medical treatment. Visitor visas are split into two categories – B-1 visas are for business travel, B-2 visas are for the purposes of tourism, social or sporting events, competitions, or medical treatment. Also, if you wish to stay in the US and travel for a period of up to six months, then a B-2 Visitor Visa may be right for you.

US Work Visas

Individuals wanting to work either temporarily on a non-immigrant work visas or a immigrant / permanent work visa can apply for one of many US Work Visas depending on the type of work to be performed and the nature of skills used. We’d like to help you get the US through the best route possible, contact us for a free consultation to find out your options.

US Investor Visas

Those wishing to invest in American businesses based in the US, can apply for either non-immigrant or immigrant investment visas. Non-immigrant investment visas are called E-1 Treaty Trader Visas or E-2 Treaty Investor visas. There is an immigrant investor visa called the E-5 Employment Fifth Preference Visas.